Tuesday

A Little Decorating... Small Bathroom, Big Style

Welcome to my basement bathroom.  It is a small windowless space, yet one of my favorite rooms in the house... here's why...
I absolutely love the paint (Silent Path by Kwal Howell).  It is the most relaxing and neutral gray-green.  It is easy on the eyes and kinda spa-like.  (See Courtnie's post on picking paint colors) The travertine flooring and marble accents in the shower give it a nice organic feel.  Did I mention I got the tile for an amazing deal by going to the tile showroom and picking from their leftovers?  This would only be possible in such a small space.
Since it is such a small space, I kept the vanity and the fixtures small and interesting.  Little touches like this towel rack is space-saving and kinda cool too.  The faucet is a little retro and totally adorable.  The mosaic style of the mirror goes with the marble accent tile in the shower (love).  There wasn't very much space to hang a mirror thanks to low ceilings and some awesome duct work, so again, I had to keep it small.
I kept the decor minimal, using a simple color palate and clean lines so it doesn't look cluttered.  I even choose simple glass-only gallery frames to simplify the decor further.
I kept it simple but I also added little touches.  Like this vinyl art above the light switch.  It adds just a little something.
In the shower I added a little interest by having the tile installed staggered like a subway tile (way beyond my budget).  I also keep it stocked with little guest-sized bottles of concoctions taken from hotels since this is my guest bath.

PS all the decor and art came from IKEA and cost me about $100 all together.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I have been searching for Kwai paints color recipe for their paint color , Silent Path. I see you’ve used it in your bath. Any chance you have the can with the color amounts that are on top of the can? Thank you, Suzanne

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails